Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Accidental Genius



We are water snobs.

Well, it's not intentional. We live in a town with...less than desirable taste to the water.

When we visit family, usually weekly, we fill up jugs and bottles to drink all week.

At a family reunion this past weekend my in-laws (who live in a different town) had a big cooler of ice and water. My brother in law refilled it toward the end of the gathering, so it was still full when it was time to go. Rather than just have them lug it back home we offered to take this huge container of "good" water home to drink.

Little did I know that it would be pure heaven to have that water at our fingertips for all these many days. The ice literally lasted through last night (Tuesday), and the water is still fairly cold today. Why didn't we think of this sooner?! Without ever having a water dispenser in the fridge door to be spoiled with, even the kids are loving the convenience!

For more WFMW tips, visit Rocks in My Dryer.


2 comments:

  1. we too, are elitists... aka water snobs. we invested in the reverse osmosis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a GREAT idea! I'm going to have to do that also.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!