Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Secret Life of Bees


I have been meaning to read this book for years. I have even had my sister's copy for months, just staring at me from the bedside table. I was about to begin another book on Saturday, but then I put it back and picked this up.

I read it in two days, and I even made dinner and everything! (Just illustrating that it was an easy read) I really loved it.
I have not read something that well-written in a long time. So full. I felt like every word in this book was on purpose. It made me both cry and laugh. If you're wondering if you should read it I say do it.

My 3 favorite quotes:
"It's something everybody wants - for someone to see the hurt done to them
and set it down like it matters".

"It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what
sort of heartbreak is happening".

"That's the only purpose grand enough for a human life. Not just to
love - but to persist in love".




Now I'm going to rent the movie.





8 comments:

  1. Jen,
    You won the koozie Giveaway! Congrats! I love your blog and I also read The Secret Life of Bees...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this book also! It left me with plenty to think about. You should read
    'Wednesdays Letters'. Another fast great read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to pick this book up too, then got something else. I guess I'll have to go back and get it.
    Thanks, I love book suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win from the Pink Polka Dot lady!!!
    Re your pork tenderloin I do mine in a crockpot by mixing a can of cranberries, a cup of brown sugar about a tablespoon of mustard together and pour on top and season to taste, cook clow all day and dinner is served!!!! It is yummy with veggies on the side and a wonderful leftover sandwich!!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Secret Life of Bees and I love Mountain Dew, too! I saw that you won the giveaway at Pink and Polka Dot, Sweets! Good for you! Hope you are doing well after your wisdom teeth "adventure".... Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this book! She is an amazing author! Thanks for sharing your favorite quotes:O)

    p.s. LOVED the movie too! I usually dont like the movie after reading the book but this one was great! Enjoy:O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes that is a great book, the movie was very well done also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wend has the movie you could borrow it. It is a very well written book. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!