Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring wreaths

Last week, in the middle of a snowstorm, I made a happy, cheery spring wreath. I guess I was trying to will my way out of winter.

I love the clean lines of the yarn wreaths in blogland.  So I used up an old skein and wrapped while I watched old Office episodes.




I raided the fabric scraps to make bright flower rosettes.




Then, the ribbon on THIS WREATH from 2010 was bugging me, so I used some green scraps to update it as well.




So much better.


As always, I have no original ideas.  My inspiration for these were from this one:




and this one:



and this one:

So the question is, should I add a little pennant welcome banner to the top of the yellow one? I totally love it as it is.  Wondering if it would be better or worse with a banner added?


Cost:  $4 for the straw wreath form.  $1 for the white flowers.  Yarn, fabric, buttons and ribbon were from my stash.

Maybe I should call this blog "making something out of nothing."


(join me at Get Your Brag On and Under $10 and under 1 hour)

11 comments:

  1. I love that spring wreath! I wish we could do some crafts right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those fabric rosettes and flowers you made are awesome! I think both wreaths look great! Maybe you should make a little pennant that says "Spring" for your yellow wreath? Adorable how it is though too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both, but that yellow one is to die for. I'm seriously in love right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love both of your wreahths! So glad that my green one was good inspiration :) You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. The yellow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks fine the way it is..No banner needed :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've put together a round up of beautiful spring wreath tutorials on Craft Gossip today and included your post. :) You can see it here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-springs-wreaths-you-can-make/

    If you would like a Craft Gossip badge showing you've been featured, you can grab one here :)
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    Thanks for sharing your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey cute mom!! I am featuring this on My Friday Fave Pins today. I am not a spammer. I hope you will stop by for a visit VERY soon!!
    Meegan
    meeganmakes{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful......perfect the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I AM IN LOVE WITH THE YELLOW WREATH!!! it PERFECT the way it is!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!