Thursday, November 10, 2011

Easy chicken legs



I love the crockpot, especially on busy days.  I wanted to share one of the things I've been trying lately.  We aren't real big on bone-in chicken, but it's so cheap.  I've been hoping for my family to love it at least a little.

My new favorite is cooking chicken legs in a little bbq sauce all day on low (even from frozen).  Then, about a half hour before supper, I pull them out and put in a baking dish.  I baste with a little sauce (like fake grilling) and throw it in the oven for 20 min or so. 



The sauce gets all sticky and they practically fall apart when you eat them.  It's really good and tastes like it was all baked/grilled.  But you don't have to babysit it all day!

5 comments:

  1. What else do you usually have with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so yummy and sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect recipe for me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess: goes well with anything. On this night we had it with ranch pasta salad and carrot sticks. Rice would be good. Potato salad. Even mac and cheese. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 2 packages of chicken legs that have been sitting in my freezer for months. I got them for really cheap but didn't know what to do with them...until now! I'm going to try this tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!