Monday, December 31, 2012

Closing a chapter

We had a marvelous Christmas and had our fill of family and gatherings and love and laughter.



 
It started with my brother and his new wife coming into town to be sealed in the SL Temple.
We overwhelmed her with our loudness and sheer numbers, but it was great to have them here.   Also visiting were aunts and uncles from across the country.
 
The sealing was very special.
 
 
Christmas Eve this year was with Strider's family.  Three of our kids took part in the program.

 
Bugs played three songs on the sax.

 
Potter and Princess split T'was the Night Before Christmas.  Princess learned the entire thing in school, and it was a proud moment for me as she recited perfectly from memory.  Potter crammed and learned the first half of it in an hour (the day prior).  He asked her to do the second half LOL.
 

 
All of us with Strider's mom
 

 
Strider's Grandma
 
 

 
We did pjs at my mom's, and sibling gift exchange.  Then Santa came.
 
 
 
 
Ths morning was magical.  We were spoiled. 
 
 
 
 
 
None more than me and Strider, as we got a new Canon Rebel DSLR!  Years of wishing has come true.  We are thrilled to be able to record our family happenings in a richer way.  So if you noticed a little higher quality to these photos in this post, you're right.
 
 
 
 
Today the girls got to wear their new dresses from Grandma.
 
 
 
The best best part of the last two weeks has been sharing time with my sisters and their kids.
 
 
Baby Brooke
 
 
Rosebud with sweet Sugar

 
Add in Sam and you have a triple bundle of cousin joy!
 




And our feelings are mixed.  As one sister continues college, one has to get back to Cali, and the other moves home for good!  But for a brief stint, we were all together for the first time since August.  We feel so complete when we're with each other.
 
 
Speaking of feeling complete....
 
I feel like my time as an active blogger has wound down.  I will miss this creative outlet but I am ready to turn my attention elsewhere.  At least for a while.
 
Thanks to all who have read my thoughts for the last 5 years!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. So happy you got a new camera! So fun.
    Sad you won't be blogging. It's been nice to read your blog. All the best! Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought with the new camera we would get MORE blog posts! That's a bummer. Oh well, at least I live in the same state as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to see you take a break, but I totally understand. Good thing I still have your # :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!