Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas


My sister in law had us over for dinner and served us these.  I've been meaning to ask for the recipe for, like forever.  I finally did and the family gobbled them up this weekend.

Recipe at the end of the post.



Here's the secret right here:  the honey with all the spices.  Mmmm.



I actually cooked my chicken breasts with a little honey and enchilada sauce in the crockpot.  I figured extra flavor couldn't hurt.



I employed Strider and Bugs to help fill the tortillas with chicken and cheese.




I increased my chicken a bit in order to make 16 enchiladas.  I always need to look ahead to lunch leftovers for Strider.  He saves us gobs of money by not eating out.

So now I have photos and the recipe, and I can Pin these babies!



I served it with shredded lettuce and cowboy caviar (black beans/corn/salsa).  SO yummy!  Thanks Courtney!




Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
2lb Shredded Chicken (I used 5 shredded chicken breasts) 2/3 Cup Honey 1/4 Cup Lime Juice 1TBL Chili Powder 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder 2 (28oz) Can Green Enchilada Sauce (we prefer mild) 4 Cups Shredded Cheese (I usually use Mozzarella and Cheddar 2 cups each, any cheese should be fine) 10 8" Flour Tortillas

Directions:
Combine honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic power in bowl and mix together, then add chicken. Let it soak at least 3 hours or overnight (the longer it soaks the better). Spray 9x13 pan with pam, pour enchilada sauce enough to cover the bottom of pan, then add just a little more. Fill tortillas with chicken and cheese. Roll and place seam side down in pan. Pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Notes: A 9x13 pan usually can't fit 10 enchiladas, so you can use another small pan. I made 16 total, so I used 2 1/2 pans for all of it. I also mistakenly bought burrito sized tortillas, doh! So we had to bend the ends to fit in the pans :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!