Friday, February 7, 2014

January roundup

With Rosebud's b-day to finish off our month, let me share some of the other happenings around here in my little corner.


In December my mom asked me to make a travel bag for her.  She is a frequent flyer and uses a travel pillow and blanket on her trips.  Her vinyl bag had ripped some time ago.  


I am just a beginner, so I agonized and over-thought about this thing.  I am so happy with the finished product though.  I learned how to do interfacing and make a gusset and more.


I added a loop for keys or a pair of sunglasses, or whatever.


Definitely a fun project once I got started.


And, for the surprise of the year, our bunnies, who are "sisters", had babies on Jan 1! Wow.  Happy New Year!



Our Honey Bun is a fantastic momma.  We decided to send daddy to a different home, though.  It was sad, but better than another litter.  She had 8 babies and 6 have survived.  



This handsome devil turned a year older.  Like fine wine, I tell you.  He is so marvelous.  I won't say how old he is, but my mom and dad give us $2 per year as our gift.  He's not quite at 80 bucks yet.  Not quite. 

It's the birthday season for us.  We have 6 from both sides of the families in January.  5 more in Feb.


The bunnies get bigger every hour, seriously!



Our family set goals this year.  I will share mine later.




Seriously, every hour.  This is 10 days old.




Two weeks old.



Rosebud got some hand-me-downs from a neighbor.  In the bag was this Tangled dress :)



3 weeks


No, the babies don't live inside.  The kids are allowed to bring them in for a chunk of time after school if they clean up after them.





Sometimes they build makeshift cages for them :)




We kept our cards up for the whole month.  They made me so happy.  We are lucky to have so many people care about us.  The door looks so naked now that they're gone.


It's cool when you can look outside and see horses walking down the street.



We had Strider's fam visit for lunch and it struck me that getting a decent photo of him and his brothers is about as hard as me and my siblings.  Maybe that means we're normal.





It's wonderful to be part of his great family.



Most mornings when I go to wake Princess for school this is what I find.  

They use a pretty tiny portion of the double bed!



The kids treat the bunnies like baby dolls.  





Speaking of offspring behind the wheel....



YIKES.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your family had a great January. If you plan to come to Magna with your oldest driving let me know so I can stay off the sidewalks and roads!! j/k He is growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little bunnies are so stinkin adorable! They never stay small for long enough in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!