Thursday, November 5, 2015

Bathroom side table


 You know how you can watch a design show on cable and they find the most amazing things at thrift stores and Craigslist?  High quality pieces that some unsuspecting soul cast off without a thought?

Yeah, that's never me.




Usually I go to the thrift store and find aisles of junky particleboard bookshelves and weird overpriced coffee tables.

That is, till this beauty showed up on a quick trip to Deseret Industries.  I fell in love, and I even had a vague idea what to use it for.




I tried to remember how to choose a "good" piece of furniture.  Drawers open and close?  Real wood?  Quality workmanship?  Check.  For $10 she was mine.


I grabbed a paint sample from Lowes in Perfect Storm by Valspar that I've had forever and sanded lightly before I went to town on that thing.






Cute, no?





You could change out the hardware, but I actually really liked this handle so it stayed.



Now when we use the claw foot tub in the downstairs bath there is a place to actually put down the shampoo, if we're so inclined.  And it adds the perfect pop of color.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!