Thursday, January 7, 2016

Thankful Thursday

Is that a thing?

Well, I just made it one.



I'm so thankful for the cans of food that fell out of the full (disorganized) pantry and almost onto my foot.  What a blessing to have abundant food.

I'm so thankful for the piles of laundry.  7 bodies can be clothed and cared for around here.

I'm grateful for my husband's job.  I always know that our home is taken care of.  I can turn on the heat or do 8 loads of laundry without worrying.  Lots of things on my wish list have to wait, but the essentials are in place and I'm thankful for that peace of mind.

I'm thankful to be home, at home and with my family, instead of working every day.  My physical and emotional resources are not bottomless.  I'm thankful I can give a large portion of my creative energy to my family and their needs.

I'm thankful for requests for help from others.  I love to serve but am often wrapped up in my own self.  Other people needing me is a huge help in training me to think of the needs of others.

I'm thankful for the snow.  It may be cold, but it's beautiful.  And it cleaned off my very filthy van.

I'm thankful for my visiting teachers. They are 77 and 89 years old!!  I love them!  They are faithful in visiting every month and are great examples to me of diligence.

I'm thankful for the scriptures.  They are the words that God uses to talk to me.  I feel empty when I miss a day of studying them.

I'm thankful for this life I get to live.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!