Friday, March 25, 2011

Quilted table runner - fail?

First and foremost, I have no idea what I'm doing.  Let's just get that out of the way first.

Last spring I got ambitious and sewed strips of random pastels into a rectangle.  I wanted to make a table runner - then got chicken.

SO I thought I would re-visit the idea.





All you quilters can turn away.  I'm sure this will be like an English teacher reading an essay with horrible grammar.  I laid out my pieced top on batting with part of an old sheet as backing.  I left extra on all sides simply because I had no idea what to do with it.  I pinned it together all the way around.


Starting in the middle and working outward, I stitched "in the ditch" (say what?) along each strip and around the outside.







I trimmed the batting close to the edge and the backing about an inch from the edge.  I folded inward twice and I thought it looked okay in place of a binding or whatever.  Remember, I don't know what I'm doing.



 Not too bad....


Until you see the whole thing.  It won't lay flat at all!


It's all wavy and weird.  Oh well.  I'm using it anyway.  Too much work not to, right?




visit Get Your Craft On: HERE

2 comments:

  1. It's pretty. I have no sewing ability, so I'm impressed with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. I don't think things should be so perfect anyway. It's gives them personality!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!