Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sweet and sour meatballs





Sweet and Sour Meatballs


This is made a lot easier by two things: frozen heat 'n serve meatballs (I use the Costco ones) and these precut frozen fajita veggies. 


  1. Cook up your defrosted meatballs (I use 1.5-2 lbs for my fam) in a skillet and brown them to your liking.  It doesn't take long.  Remove from skillet.
  2. In same pan, saute frozen veggies for just about 3-4 min.  Remove from skillet.
  3. Make sauce in same pan:   1.5 cup water, 1/3 cup cider vinegar, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2T soy sauce, 2T cornstarch dissolved in a little bit of water.  Mix together and bring to  low boil.  It will thicken quickly.  
  4. Simmer sauce 5 min.  I added a tiny pinch of red pepper flakes at this point.  Totally optional but I liked the interest it gave to the sauce.
  5. Add meatballs and vegetables back to skillet.  
  6. Serve over rice. Makes 10 servings.
              
We liked it so much, Strider and I are both having leftovers for lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!