Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh, did you need that, Dad?

We were getting ready for bed last night and Strider could not find his toothbrush anywhere.

We looked around for a few minutes, assuming the toddler had swiped it (not the first time) and wandered away with it earlier in the day.

He pulled out an older, on-the-way-to-being-tossed one and did his business.

This morning at family prayer he decided to ask the older kids about it to see if they remembered seeing the baby with it.

Then Jedi popped up, "SURE, Dad!" and ran to the emergency kit we packed last night during our Family Home Evening.

Background:

We were going through emergency preparedness last night and pulled out our stuff to take stock and rotate the food inside our packs. I realized when I counted the toothbrushes inside that we obviously had one less child when we packed those, so I asked Jedi to run upstairs and get a *new* toothbrush from the *new* pack upstairs. He did so and I never gave it another thought.

Fast forward back to this morning.

Strider: "Why did you take my toothbrush to put in our 72 hour kit? You were told to get a new one".

Jedi:  "It was dry at the top so I thought it was new".



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is one of the best stories from one of your kids ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!