Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On my mind Monday


*I feel so thankful for heat/stove/clothes dryer/fridge/lamps today. We had a power outage last night just as we were getting ready to bake cookies, boil pectin to make jam, record a show to watch later, and play a board game as a family. Instead we ended up singing a few songs during the storm and sending the kids to bed. Right before I went to sleep everything came back on after 3 hours down. I was getting worried about my cold food, my unwashed dishes, my wet laundry. All were spared.


*Rosebud told me “poop” on Saturday after she had a messy diaper. This morning she brought me the wipes and laid down on the floor. I’d say this could be a beautiful diaper-free summer ahead.


*I just booked my Jedi’s birthday party. Doesn’t sound like much until you realize we only do parties at age 8 and 12. Those are big milestones for us, and it’s a BIG birthday (read: lots of money) around here. This time we have rented our rec center to have Scales and Tails, a reptile encounter show. We think it’s worth splurging on since I’m not throwing 5 friend parties every year for all my kids. I am so thrilled for him.


*Easter was interesting. Since our church had General Conference this weekend (which we watch on TV in Utah) there were no meetings to go to. Easter Sunday is usually our dressiest day of the year. But this year we were in PJs. Wonderful messages; TONS of things I feel inspired to improve in my life. But didn’t feel like a regular Easter.


*I am thankful for healthy pregnancies and deliveries. My friend had complications a week ago and ended up with an emergency C-section, a hysterectomy, a bladder reconstruction, 20 units of blood, and three days in the ICU away from her new baby. I am grateful her life was saved and that she is now home with her family. I get to take her dinner tonight and I consider it a sweet blessing.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, we had a big hail storm out here, but our power stayed on. I wondered at one point if it would go out. Thanks for sharing your Thankful list today--I love your blog because its always uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had known about the big birthdays only twice. Brilliant! I'm trying to incorporate the every other year party, but the oldest cried and cried when I brought it up. I have a year to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. like your list:0) Hope that your friend is healing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!