Tuesday, December 7, 2010

On my mind today

1. Life is busy. My December calendar is a joke. I'm just sayin'.

2. Car woes stink. Day two of Strider's car not starting up. Bright side? We still have another car as an option.

3. I love getting Christmas cards. I'm hit and miss when it comes to sending, plus having a blog makes me feel like the world knows everything about us anyway. But thank you to those who have sent us one. I love getting cards in the mail.

4. Oatmeal gets a bad rap. It's delicious! And even as leftovers. Yesterday morning I made up a bunch but we had a lot left over. I just reheated some with a little milk - Mmmmm.

5. Finally ready to craft today! Done gathering supplies and today I begin with teacher gifts. Yes, I will post when I'm done. (Two words: Mod Podge)

6. How does Santa not go bankrupt with the whole stocking-filling? I don't care how simple I try to be, those suckers cost a thousand dollars to fill. UGH. I'm going to make stockings for my family; they will be 2"x4" and will hold a candy cane perfectly.

7. Best thing about this time of year: school concerts and performances. Down side? Rude audiences. It happens every year, but I swear last night was worse. What is up with people leaving in the middle of a performance? We went to a community one last night at the high school where the elementaries and jr highs in the area all come together to do songs and dance numbers. Starting about in the middle, parents started to trickle out. Our school was about third to the last. I was a little miffed as more and more people were being disruptive, passing in front of me as I tried to watch my son. Then by the last school's turn it was so bad you literally had a hard time hearing the singing over the loud exodus of people heading home. What the? Guess what, those are someone's kids up there right now, too! They practiced just as hard as your son/daughter. For heavens sake, you can sit for an hour of Christmas songs.

Okay, I'm done.





4 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal too.
    Sad everyone left. I have left our kids school concert but it was going on 2 hours and was mostly the junior high band. it was long and bad and long and my little kindergarten kid needed to be in bed hours ago. But one hour you can stay for. Sad.
    I always plan to have cards out by Dec 1st. haha. still need a photo taken. I'm thinking New years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the oatmeal. Not that instant stuff that's full of sugar, but the real stuff. I buy it from the church by the case. My favorite is a little cinnamon and sugar and the church's dehydrated apple slices. Or some sliced peaches or raspberries and a dollop of whip cream on top.
    I think I'll eat lunch. maybe some oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm love oatmeal too. I like it with a Tbl of Peanut Butter and a bit of honey, sounds weird, but you should try it....esp because with that added bit of protein it keeps me full forever! When I'm wanting to put more effort I'll make this http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2009/09/pumpkin-pie-oatmeal.html
    Seriously, it's like dessert in a bowl. I even cut the sugar/butter by quite a bit and it's still good!
    BTW, I have guilt now after reading your post. Caeden has a concert tonight at 6pm and I was thinking that if we left right after his class did their songs he could still make it to TaeKwonDo class at 7pm (he wants to skip the class concert and just go to TKD...I'm trying to compromise). In my defense though it's not something I usually ever do. Dec is just too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you Jen. In all of my years of concert going I think I have left early once. I get so angry sometimes I want to scream. I can't believe how rude some people can be! Its one of my biggest pet peeves.

    Oh and I want some of your mini socks! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!