Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Teacher gifts

I promised you photos of our teacher gifts this year.  We made coaster sets.

It was fast and easy.  My kids even helped.  You need scrapbook paper, felt, mod podge, and ceramic tiles.  I went to Home Depot and found 4x4 tiles for $ .16.  So these come to $ .64 per gift.  Yeah!


Using a glue gun, add felt to the backs of the tiles.  This will protect your teachers' tables from scratching.  Okay, their tables were probably bought second-hand, but still :).






I even cheated and used scraps on some.



Pick some fun, sturdy paper.  I like two sided paper because I don't have to worry about matching colors.  They are built to match.


Add a thin layer of mod podge to attach paper.



When they are all dry, add more mod podge on top (2 layers).  Be patient - you don't want bubbles.





Here are all the patterns laid out (vertical rows show the four sets).





 When it was all dry I sprayed with sealer. 


Packaged and ready to go!



Linking up with Get Your Craft On





4 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!