Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Growing up


It's a strange thing watching your child grow into a real person.  As we draw another year of school to a close I realize he and I have learned much along the way.  There have been bumps and bruises but also laughs and joy.  We have a deeper respect for one another (I think).  I admire the trials he faces each day in the big bad world of middle school.  And I think he is beginning to see that mom isn't totally crazy.  There are reasons for the rules I set and the requests I make of him.

To show my appreciation for the good boy he is I decided we should have a party on the last day of school.  It was a BIG DEAL!  And we had a blast.


My brother said you provide music, food, and friends - they will entertain themselves just fine.









Potter is a pretty cool kid.  Even though we are different in many ways I'm glad we get to navigate these teen years together.

1 comment:

  1. You are a cool mom! We want to have a schools done party too. Although we still have school till the end of June. blah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!