Friday, September 7, 2012

Road trip 2012 - Altoona, PA

I know, too beautiful for words, right?
 
 
 
 
Please tell me how my parents packed up and left this place??
 
 
 
 
We drove from State College (where I grew up) to Altoona (where my parents grew up) to spend the day with them and my siblings and cousin Kristine.
 
 
 

 
They have this cute amusement park that was perfect for my family.  Every age had plenty to do here, and it was only $5 admission.
 



There were plenty of rides, but over half the time, everybody just rode this amazing roller coaster over and over and over again.  Yes, me too.  My brother Matt is in the white tee shirt in the center seat above.  This is proof that he didn't always have his hands in the air as he claimed. 


 
This is what it looked like every time they got off and raced back to the starting position to ride again.



After 10 days on the road, they sure were in the mood to play!!


 


 
Lakemont is also home to the World's Oldest Roller Coaster.  The boys all rode that one as well.
 

 What a fun, fun, day.  Who says Disneyland is the happiest place on earth?  $5.00, people.  Five.
 
 


 
For supper we stopped by a family favorite for some delicious hot dogs.

 
 

 
I love how she carries them!
 
 

 
2, with sauce and onion please. 


My parents on the left, Dad's brother Tim and Carol on the right.
 
My kids finally got to meet a family member on my dad's side; Uncle Tim came to meet us!

 

 
 
 
President Obama has eaten here, too.
 
 
We left here and stopped at Uncle Tim's house to eat Carol's homemade peach pie and play with their dogs. 
 
I think my kids are enjoying my home state so far.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Heath running to ride the coaster again...this has been such a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks like everyone is having so much fun! I love the family picture on the bridge and Rosebud asleep in the corner of the hotdog picture!
    ~Stacee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your vacation posts. So fun.
    I can't believe $5!!! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are making me miss PA and wish school hadn't started back up again

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!