Sunday, September 12, 2010

Utah State Fair 2010



Oh the fair, the fair.  The first feel of fall for me.  My favorite time of year; football, family, my birthday and the fair.

This year did not disappoint.
Princess "farming"






Strider and Potter at the ego sledgehammer





And just about my favorite part.  Second place :)




The boys each had a free ride coupon from summer library reading and spent some time picking out the perfect ride for them.  Jedi wasn't feeling well and gave his ticket to his little sister.





And a random shot of a yummy funnel cake taken by one of the kids.

I forgot to take pics of the rodeo. The bulls were the most exciting part, as usual.  The kids loved them.


The fair still goes for another week, so what are you waiting for?

7 comments:

  1. Wow- 2nd place. Congrats. That is really awesome.
    And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your entry, entering something and winning a ribbon, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you win any money? When I was a kid we would get $3 for 1st place and $2 for 2nd. But that was just the county fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Congrats...that's impressive! It was a beautiful blanket:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you my friend are amazing!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so proud of you. It's nice to see your hard work displayed and rewarded!!! Good for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second place is awesome!! AND you win money - Added bonus :) When I entered a few of my cross-stitches I was told it's VERY difficult to win at the state fair the first time you enter something (sometimes they show favortism). So that goes to show just how great of a job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! How fun to win a ribbon at the state fair. Its even fun to say it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!