Monday, September 14, 2009

Wherein she has her first deep fried snickers

Funnel cakes. Rides. Alligator shows. Prized quilts. Beef cattle. People-watching. Blue-ribbon peaches. Country music.


I love the state fair. As in loooovvvve.

It's always over my birthday, which adds to its charm I think.

My sister has better pics than I do: visit her post about our evening.

It was pouring when we got there, so we were drenched before we even started! But it dried up and bit, and the kids started to forget that they were cold. We had a blast.

And three words: World's Smallest Woman? Don't do it. Save your dollar. So uncomfortable and weird.

Anyway, here is our night.

My dad and sister smuggled in a birthday cake, even with the rain,

and we celebrated at the food court.


Family night, so of course we had the all-you-can-eat ice cream.


Mmmm, all the Fat Boys they wanted.


A rainbow as the sun came out!




Then to follow all the healthy stuff we just ate, we tried the deep-fried specialties.
I don't know if the snickers is worth all the hype. My kids liked it though.

My fave was the PB&J on a stick. WOW.
I really should be on a treadmill now.





Princess loved the livestock.






The butter sculpture was not to be missed.





Fantastic outing. I'm so touched that all my family came!
What a smashing night!
P.S. My siblings got me an over-the top gift. Want a hint?
I will need to get my hair cut ASAP.




3 comments:

  1. What in the world? I've never heard of this, but I think I seriously need deep fried candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do we get to see the B day gift?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can wait to hear abou the b-day gift! I am so gladthat you got to have fun! Hope your b-day is awesome:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!