Saturday, October 23, 2010

UEA

Dumb camera! I've been trying to upload my memory card for a week and it's driving me bonkers.


Over UEA we got out of the house and visited a few places downtown. The kids had never been to the State Capitol so we started there. What a gorgeous building.









is my baby really picking her nose??



We did a fun little scavenger hunt that has you search for various sights and parts of the architecture.



 
Next we took a little hike down to Memory Grove.



We had lunch and saw pretty trees...


and a huge (I mean huge) roach thing.  He should thank us.  We rescued him from drowning.


No pictures were allowed at our next stop, but we went to the Pioneer Memorial Museum which houses thousands of very cool artifacts and antiques.  Some of them brought tears to my eyes as I thought about their significance.

It was a fun little outing and we are grateful for these days when both the kids and daddy are off school!




4 comments:

  1. so fun you have such a cute family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the scavenger hunt paper? That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never been to the state capitol either. It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture of your family all lined up on the steps!
    ~Stacee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!