Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The August garden

My counter looks like this




because my garden looks like this.





In honor of the zucchini growing faster than I can keep up, here are some recipes I'm interested in trying.















This is the main quick bread recipe I use all the time:



My kids inhale it and it's currently the only way they eat their zucchini.


I leave you with one of my favorite things about the summer garden - the sunflowers :)

I love how there is a busy bee at work on this one.




Here's to a plentiful August!!







1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous. I've planted zucchini two years in a row, and both years they die and I get nothing. We also did sunflowers, and they aren't grown yet. I had to buy zucchini at the store. So sad eh? Enjoy your plentiful August.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!