Saturday, August 13, 2011

Camping

My poor children finally got to go camping.  We spent three days in the mountains and had a great time.  Sadly, unbeknownst to me, my camera battery was just about dead and I only got these three shots.


Princess was begging to get in the water the minute we got to camp.  It was freezing, but I don't think it bothers kids nearly like the adults.

Jedi and Strider


Rosebud watching the ducks that kept swimming very near to us.


For beautiful shots of this area, check out my sister's blog from earlier this summer: Payson Lakes

My husband's family came to this lake for years and years as they were growing up.  He has fond memories of adventures with his brothers and cousins, of bonding with his maternal grandparents, aunts and uncles. 

His extended family is now too large so that tradition has ended.  We decided to plan a few days together and continue with our branch of that tree - with his parents and brothers and their families.  It was so much fun.  I figure we can give our kids the same chance to make those memories as well. 

I am not a real camping enthusiast, but I do love the mountain views and cool air and getting away from regular life.  I was totally unplugged the whole time - no cell service up there.  But I didn't miss it and it helped me to focus on the kids 100%.  Nothing is more important than family.  Nothing.  


1 comment:

  1. We were only up there Friday and Saturday, but the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!