Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wedding gift

Maybe it's just my little corner over here, but we have been SWAMPED with wedding and shower invitations this summer. I saw The Dating Divas feature this Can 'O Dates gift and I knew I had to give it a try.




You start with a gallon size craft pail like this:


I got mine at Michaels and it was a little less than $4 with my 40% off coupon.



The original idea has files for you to print out to decorate the cans.  My printer ink is about a billion dollars, so I decided to use my scrapbook paper stash instead.  I measured the inside height of the can and cut paper to fit the inside.  This was easy since the can is clear.  If you had a solid can, you could just adhere your paper to the outside.

Since I used my own paper and color scheme, I also had to design my own title for the can and lid.





Next you need to cut out the ideas to fill the can with.

Here is the file of dating ideas to print out.



I didn't use all of them.  I stopped printing at 50, and then put that on the lid.





Then I went to town using up ribbon scraps for the handle


At this particular shower, I was going with my mother in law and helping her present a gift card.


I made a gift card holder out of the excess paper I cut off.




Isn't it cute?!


I think it's the perfect wedding or bridal shower gift - with or without a gift card.  It's basically enough ideas to help newlyweds with their first year of weekly date nights. 
Even if you don't use this idea for a gift, look at the file of dating ideas.  There are several fun things I want to plan with Strider!






1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I need dating ideas, so thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!