Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest and The Best Fudge Brownies

Ahh, Pinterest. I love to hate you. I hate to love you.

After a million invites from friends and pleading/cajoling/whining/begging from my sister, I joined Pinterest.  Of course I knew I would love it.  The problem was how much.  I have heard tons of people say they were addicted to the site and the last thing I need is another computer-related time waster. 

So I decided it had to take the place of something, not add something to my day.  I pared down lots of my blogs in Google Reader.  More than half were ones I read for their crafts or ideas or tips and I knew I would see the best of those circulate on Pinterest.  So that was my compromise.  I am enjoying the site but not spending additonal computer time on it.  Win-win.

I found these "Best Fudge Brownies" on the famed pinboard site. And I can tell you - the name is appropriate. I never thought homemade brownies were better than the box. I like the boxed kind. But these are truly wonderful.




The Best Fudge Brownies (posted from Yammie's Noshery)

2 sticks of butter
2 1/4 cups of sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups of cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups chocolate chips

Grease a 9x13 in. pan. and preheat the oven to 350ยบ.

Mix together the butter and sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring about every 30 seconds, until the mixture is bubbly and smooth (you can also do it on the stove top if you want). Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.

Mix together the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and flour and add to the butter mixture, mixing until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for about 28 minutes.


They have a perfectly crackly top and fudgy-meets-cakey middle

 

What the?  I started stirring the butter/sugar mixture and found a marble in the bowl.  Who knows; my guess is that a kid put it into the sugar canister and I scooped it out with the measuring cup?  Welcome to my life.



We totally loved them, and I am making them again next week for our traditional Valentines fondue dinner.  The thought of these suckers being doused in more chocolate is enough to keep me going all week.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you found the marble before baking them :) I can think of at least one tort-based cause of action if that would have ended differently haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nephew, who just turned 5, says, "What the?" all the time. It cracked me up to see the marble even more after that! Kids! Gotta love 'em! Brownies look delish, BTW and I too am addicted to Pinterest. I have the same problem though so I too need to find a way to pare down my online time waste...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!