Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas porch

If you follow me on Pinterest, you'll be glad to know that I have now stopped pinning pictures of holiday-ized, wintry porches.  


I dreamed, planned, sold, bought, planned some more.  And I have the porch I dreamed of!



I'm happy to report that this didn't cost me a cent out of pocket.  I was lucky enough to sell a few things on the local classifieds (LOVE them) and spent only that which I earned.  If I sold a pair of Rosebud's jeans for $5, I was able to pick up a $5 item.  Magic!


I found the vintage sled by searching daily for on the classifieds, putting in my maximum budget of $15, then BAM, one day one was listed.  $15 for a sled that even had red runners (I was going to paint them red anyway).


The biggest hunt besides the sled was for the lanterns.  I wanted old fashioned but not really old, does that make sense?  These are from Ikea.  I paid $15 for the set.  Score!  I put candles in them from my stash.

The three trees on the left I already had.  I found a little pinecone garland for $2 and the red oblong box for $2. The throw blanket at the base of the trees was brand new from the thrift store for $2.


I had to wait a while, but found little ice skates for $5 after searching daily.  I hung them in front of a pine swag I won at Strider's work party years ago.  The branches in back were trimmed off the bottom of our tree when we were trying to get it to fit in the stand!  I had the hope sign and the mini canvas tote of pinecones already.

I so believe that if you can dream it, you can do it!  Even if most of my ideas are copied from others I can usually find a way to morph it into my reality and do it for next to nothing.  If I am patient it always works out.

I wanted a spot that would put a smile on my face every time I walked onto the porch.  Nailed it.



4 comments:

  1. Love it!
    You are an inspiration of thrifty ways can look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your cute crafty ideas keep them coming :)!! It was GREAT to see you I hope we get to see you again soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing about your thrifty-ness! Keep showing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!