Tuesday, July 10, 2007


In my neverending quest for peace in my life and since being on the computer is a habit of mine, I'm starting this blog to record the happenings in my world and squelch the guilt I have for not being a very good journal keeper. I love being a mom and am ever grateful that our situation allows me to be at home with the kids.

We finished up a crazy, funfilled holiday week last week. The 4th of July was fun, although HOT. We did the normal parade, fireworks routine. The following day we took off on a three day Idaho adventure as a family. It was a blast and my sunburn is finally feeling better. I know it's healing because I'm getting very itchy UGH

DS1 (9) is at cub camp today. When he got home yesterday I basically only saw the whites of his eyes. He was Mr grungy! But at least he had fun. It will be over in an hour or two.

With him gone, the other 3 kids have been surprisingly peaceful. Overall we have been out of our routines somewhat, but it's been pretty nice to just ease back into life after vacation. Speaking of life after vacation, there are several organizing projects that I have needed to tackle for some time now. I think I may be ready to begin. Our bedroom is a constant struggle and I cleared off the chest of drawers this morning. I polished it back to it's beautiful cherry finish and DS2 (7) said "wow mom, how often do you clean it? never?" That's how I knew we were in bad shape. But at least we're moving in the right direction. My goal today is 3 loads of laundry. I'm 1/3 of the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!