Thursday, July 26, 2007


NEWS FLASH: DH (who graduated in May from the U) got a job offer! 2 weeks ago he interviewed at a school and they offered him the history teaching job! It is very exciting.

Phew! Most of the unbearable weather has passed us by this week, so we've been enjoying 90's instead of 100's and rain yesterday!

Life is rolling along. My little sister gets back from a month in PA tonight, so that is cool. I think we'll meet her at the airport. And we also have pack meeting, where ds1 gets his 2nd Bear bead.

Tomorrow I have the assignment of teaching the youth in my ward a scripture study workshop, lasting an hour, for youth conference. It's definitely the biggest teaching job I've ever had. I'm trying hard to get my thoughts arranged. I want them to be interested and would really like to keep boredom to a minimum, so we'll see how it goes. I don't just want to lecture either (seeing as how it's a 'workshop').

We went to the park for lunch again today. Most of the other kids in year-round school have started back already, so it was quiet and uncrowded. I met a mom there who has just moved here from Elko, NV and knew nothing about the free summer lunch and was thrilled when I explained it!

Oh, I canned 10 pints of strawberry jam this week. I found flats for $6.99 at Ream's. Yummmm!

Activity Days today should be fun as we finish our babysitting activities like sock puppets and flannel boards. I just wish it wasn't at the same time as my youth conf stress. The girls are great, though. It is a very rewarding calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!