Monday, January 4, 2010

Feminizing the living room



So I like football; shoot me.

And I like dark colors, and stripes, and plaid. I'm pretty much a guy.

Just kidding. I do really gravitate toward all things masculine, though.

I have been loving our couch from two years ago so much.

Before:




It has the coolest shaped back ever, and I love the colors. I was starting to tire of the plaid, though. Just a smidge. So I decided to go out and surprise Strider with a new sofa!! Kidding again.

My parents' gift to us this Christmas was a myriad of gift cards to some of our favorite places, one of which was Ross. Love Ross.

I decided the whole living room needed a feminine makeover so I forced my sisters to follow me around Ross deciding on some lovely pillows to tame the "man look" and soften things.

After:



I love the result.

I also repurposed some decor items.  I covered some decorative balls in twine and dried beans to make a centerpiece.  I also added ribbon to my candles to dress them up.  I stuck greenery on a stick and made a cute topiary.  Really happy with my shelf.

Cost:  $34 for pillows which technically my mom bought.  Sa-weet!





Linked to:  Before and After party at Thrifty Decor Chick

4 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!