Monday, April 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Don't those rolls look yummy? Yeah, that was our Sunday dinner. So good. I have that Better Homes and Gardens red plaid cookbook that everyone has but I always forget to check it. I get so caught up in finding great recipes online that I don't think about going to that basic resource. Those are the rolls from that book and they are delicious. I made them twice last week. The recipe calls for 1/3 cup butter and I'm going to try to cut it to 1/4 cup to see if we still like them. If it works I will be making them even more!


Here is the plan for this week:


Tuesday: Cheeseburgers with baked fries

Thursday: Pancakes and bacon

Friday: Chicken broccoli ziti
Saturday: Cheesy casserole (recipe below)
Sunday: family get together



Cheesy Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups milk
½ cup flour
2 cup grated cheese
6 cups cooked noodles, or 12 oz pkg
2 cups peas
salt & pepper


Preheat oven to 350
Brown ground beef and onion; drain and set aside. Combine milk and flour in a saucepan until smooth. Add the cheese and cook over low heat till cheese is melted and sauce has thickened. Add in other ingredients, pour into casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour, or till bubbly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!