Friday, April 24, 2009

Thrift store decorating

Oh, paint. How I love paint. What a change it can make.

First up is a darling little cabinet that I got for $1.50. Add black acrylic paint, mod podge, a random piece of scrapbook paper. SO much better.


Before:

After:




And these cute candle holders I picked up for $1. They were an icky bronzey color. Sorry no before pic on this one. I used some creamy paint, and when it was half dry I used a paper towel on the top surface to remove most of the paint to give it an old rubbed finish.





Next up - my scrap area that is almost organized. I'm even adding a little decor in there, too!
Expand your frugal thoughts this week at The Shabby Nest and Life as a MOM. Join the fun!

15 comments:

  1. I love your after pic! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so sweet!! The cabinet is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the cabinet! Great job!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! This stuff is great! Don't you just love giving something old a treatment to adore?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! This stuff is great! Don't you just love giving something old a treatment to adore?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! I am getting so many ideas from all the bloggers today on how to refinish thrift store finds.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am kicking myself. I sold a little cabinet like that years ago. Ah, the 20/20 wisdom vision strikes again! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! I've never thought of rubbing off the spray paint to make an aged look. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cabinet is really cute!!!

    Hugs from Eventually Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! See how creative you are?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmm...what are planning on putting in the cute little cabinet?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff, love that cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute makeovers. I like that idea of taking some of the paint off :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!