Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Works for me Wednesday

Ever wonder what to make for supper when you are out of time and out of brain cells? I love this post from Rocks in My Dryer and all the replies (over 200!) from fellow bloggers about what they whip up in a jiffy.

I'm looking forward to trying post #212...


"Here is my version of healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken
All you need: a couple of chicken breasts
1 small onion (optional)
a jar of apricot jelly ( I use a small jar of all fruit spread)
a jar (or a portion that is the same size as the apricot jelly) of salsa
I simple spray a wok or large frying pan with Pam and brown my chicken (with the onions). Once chicken is no longer pink, I add the salsa and apricot jelly. Bring it to a boil, simmer…and you are done. We love it and it is relatively healthy.
Rice and steamed broccoli make great sides.
I often serve pineapple chunks with it to go along with the sweet and sour theme. Sometimes I cook sweet red peppers with the chicken and onion.
Enjoy!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!