Sunday, November 16, 2008

OK, I will play along!

How We Met


1. Where did you meet?
We were in the same ward, but I was fairly new and we hadn't ever talked to each other. We were at a priest/laurel dance instruction mutual activity and our bishop introduced us. We didn't switch partners the rest of the night.

2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?
He was smart and skinny. And we were lousy dancers. And he made me feel like I was the best thing that ever happened to him.

3. Do you remember what he was wearing?
No, other than we were dressed up for the social dancing. (It was 1992, though, so I'm sure it wasn't pretty)

4. Where was the first time you kissed this person?
He kissed me on the walkway in front of my house (finally!) after a school dance. I felt like it took him forever.

5. Where did you go for your first date?
We went to eat at Sizzler and then bowling with another couple.

6. How long did you know this person before you were a couple?
A couple weeks. We hit it off pretty quickly, but were quite young still.

7. How did he ask you out?
I asked him. I have always known what I wanted!!

8. Has this person ever proposed to you?
Yes. In the middle of Fashion Place Mall near a jewelry store. Romantic, I know.

9. Do you and this person have kids together?
Or rugrats. Yes, 4 1/2

10. Have you ever broken the law with this person?
Hmmmm, my parents may occasionally read this blog.

11. When was the first time you realized you liked this person?
About a week later when he came over to "study" at my house. We didn't get much done. I think we stared at each other a lot, though.

12. Do you get along with his family?
Yes.

13. Do you trust this person?
Enough to give him my whole heart and soul.

14. Do you see him as your partner in the future?
Absolutely.

15. What is the best gift he gave you?
The kiddos running all over this house.

16. What is one thing he does that gets on your nerves?
He has a REALLY hard time making decisions. Small ones, like what to eat at a restaurant! Big things like taking me to Jamaica? Instant. Whether to get a Beef 'n Cheddar or Arby's melt? It might take a while.

17. Where do you see each other 15 years from now?
We will have kids getting married and finishing missions...very strange to think about. I am excited for the future with him though. He is the love of my life.

18. What causes the most arguments?
We disagree on some issues but we very rarely argue. Our latest passions are politics and sports, so it's not like we can change each others' minds anyway! We love to talk things through, though. And we do try to have an open mind and see things from all perspectives. I love our deep discussions. Keeps my mind healthy!

19. How long have you been together?
Together for 16, married for 12. I swear we are not that old!

20. Are you married?
Forever and ever.

21. Who do you tag?
Anyone on the planet who has yet to join in!

1 comment:

  1. I don't tell you enough that I appreciate you. I am so lucky to be the guy that the Bishop set you up with that night. I love you forever and a day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!