Monday, January 5, 2009

A new year

So here we are, staring another fresh 12 months in the face.

I, the endless list-maker extraordinaire, am not making resolutions this year. I usually do. But I just don't feel like it this time around. How's that for a good reason?

There are lots of things I want to do, but I figure if I get to them, great. And if not, there is always later.

If there's any goal at all for me, it is going to be gratitude. These last couple months have been rough for me, and my less-than-stellar reaction to my trials has left me feeling a bit spiritually weak. I need to focus on my blessings SO much more than what I don't have, and I think that in itself may cure my problems. So I am going to try to live, act and say things with more thankfulness. I'm sure I can notice the great things I've been given more readily.

Now, for some January projects! I love to create, and I love to organize. I'm doing both this week.

I pulled out a sewing machine for the first time since my oldest was a baby (when I made some pitiful burp rags) over the Christmas break. I made some pillows that match my new family room curtains. Yes I did!

Once I find my camera I will show a picture.

I found a super easy even-I-couldn't-mess-it-up pattern and just decided to go for it. It was so much fun that I have started looking for more easy stuff to make. Any suggestions? I even think I'll make a cover for my old machine. I should really take a class or something. But for now I will just bumble through and teach myself a bit.

And since Strider helped with so many projects while home, I have a good handle on the house and can continue some organizing to be ready for baby bop in a few more weeks.

Lots to look forward to!!





2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the no resolutions thing. I almost did the same thing, then made one really general resolution that will hopefully help me focus on the smaller goals I am making throughout the year.

    Can't wait to see pictures of your pillows. I'm contemplating curtains for the bedrooms and office so they stay a little warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you sew a dress for your princess? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!