Friday, May 22, 2009

Bye Bye Birdie

The birds were so big and cute this morning. I had to get pics and video.

Ignore my silly commentary. I was basically doing this for my three kids who are at school and had to miss it :(







Click on this one; you can see all 4 little heads!


Then an hour later it was SO LOUD outside with the mom squawking that I had to check.


The nest was empty.


Seriously? An HOUR and I missed it? Mom was going nuts, though. Why?





I called my neighbor and said "I think the birds are gone! Have you checked?" She calmly stated that they had been out and about all morning. Some of them were still hanging around. While on the phone I poked my head out the door and saw why the mama was so noisy. She had one baby left to get going. And he was on the ground and vulnerable.



Here he is poking his head up over the hill.





And running toward mom.








He stumbles down the little hill.






(In the video I state that the others were by the stairs, but since mom took off after this one was safe, it must have been the last).




Wait for me!!












So, no more mama and all is quiet outside.
Just as suddenly as we realized
they were there, they are gone.
And so life goes.



1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!