Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sewing: baby gifts


I have two baby showers today.  I wanted to make something similar for both of them to save me some time.  And lucky for me, they are for one boy and one girl so I got to pick my favorite fabrics!

I made two types of burp cloths:  the cloth diaper style embellished with ribbon, and the flannel kind with a fringe edge.


For these pink ones I didn't even have to shop because I had all this in my stash.  Love this pink ribbon.



And here is the other kind.  Cut two matching or coordinating pieces of soft flannel and sew wrong sides together with 1/2 in seam. 



I know this is blurry, but I wanted to show the edge.  Using very sharp scissors, snip every 1/8 to 1/4 inch all the way around, close to the seam. 



Wash and dry it so it starts to fray.  I love this look.



Makes a cute set!



And here is the boy set with delicious turquoise and brown.  I LOVE this.  Can you tell how excited I am to make boy stuff?  ;- )  I rarely get the chance.





Full day today:  home projects, clearing out the flowerbed, Lowes trip (woohoo!), Mother/son activity at church, baby showers, BIG BYU game today, and my cousin from PA comes in town tonight.  I love it all!








2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!