Monday, March 29, 2010

Princess is five!

Pretty cool to have a birthday when Daddy is home on Spring Break. We played ALL DAY.

First the Aviary:









Yeah, it was mating season and the peacocks were giving quite the show.



Then we ate and shopped and shopped and ate.


Her daddy spoiled her at Build-a-Bear:



And then the rest of her extended family spoiled her some more.








Princesses & frogs, shoes, horses, instruments, Legos, and too much candy.



After 5 years I can still remember how shocked I was when they announced "it's a GIRL!" My life has never been the same since. 

Right before I delivered I was really hoping for a boy because I was comfortable with boys and was in total boy mode.  I knew what I was getting into.  I knew a girl would be too scary.  Me, the example?  I liked Daddy being the one to turn the kids heads toward.  My weaknesses, passed down another generation?  Yikes!  I didn't want to face the possibility. 

As I have grown into a "girl mom" I am relishing the sweetness of these womanly qualities in bud form.  A nurturing preschooler who thankfully picks up some of my strengths. 


I love her - everything about her. 

She no longer scares me.  She is an anchor to me who keeps me grounded and in check.  Thankfully a wise heavenly father had faith in me and my abilities when I didn't have it for myself.  I am grateful every day for the little girl who is this very minute upstairs fast asleep in her nightgown and new sparkly pink shoes.




2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!