Monday, August 2, 2010

How can it be?

How can it be near the end of summer?

We have two weeks left. There are still things I'd like to do. I know it's ambitious, but I'm going to brain-dump on you.

I still want to:

  1. read the books on my nightstand. They include Water for Elephants, What Mothers Do, Eats Shoots and Leaves, Mercy Rule, and another that my sister has for me
  2. score some free wood from somewhere so we can build a shed door (anyone?)
  3. tackle the stupid squash bugs that have sabotaged my zukes and squash this year.  SO mad.
  4. toss the last bit of junk from the shed so the patio will be completely beautiful and usable
  5. go camping (did I just say that?). I feel like every kid needs to camp during the summer whether their parents like it or not.
  6. go to at least one more reservoir - Pineview?
  7. hike a little with the kids
  8. take more pictures (my camera is left at the computer more often than not :(
  9. finish my niece's birthday gift (homemade to feel unique and save money)
  10. finish a project so I can enter my first item into the Utah State Fair 

P.S. Why is spell-check not working??





5 comments:

  1. SO I take it, it was bugs? I keep thinking I should call and see how it's coming. Make sure you winterize really well, so they don't hide out. (and make, um, your neighbors do it too???)
    I feel the same way.... what happened to my long hot summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your list looks like mine??:) Although the first on my list is UPDATE THE BLOG!!!! SO FAR BEHIND!!! Hope you get to check a few things off the list soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I know a sister of yours who loves camping and would totally be willing to go with you! Maybe we should hit camping and the reservoir at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just gave away TONS of wood this last week. I'll ask Mike tonight if we still have some hanging around. If we do I'll get back to you on FB. I hate that summer is coming to a close. I still have an uber long to-do list as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are you going to enter in the fair? Whatever it is, I am sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!