Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Swedish Weaving


Years ago I went to a craft class up at the elementary school and learned how to do Swedish Weaving, also known as huck embroidery. We did a fun, easy framed version and I loved it so when I got home I looked for a book of patterns so I could go on to do a bigger project. I found the special monk's cloth needed for it on clearance once, so I got enough for an afghan and began stitching.

let's pretend my Karl Malone thumbs are not visible

 

 

I did almost half a blanket and then it just got shoved in my closet. Every now and then I'd come across it, wish it were done, and then put it back again.  I'll tell ya how long ago I started it:  I picked yarn to match a color scheme in my home I got rid of LONG ago.  Anyway.

I decided to finish it once and for all. It's a bit tedious, but I hate unfinished projects and I really want to do this.  I am now 3/4 of the way done!








3 comments:

  1. I love it! I think it looks like a fun project that's not too complicated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I've never even heard of Swedish Weaving before. I have too many infinished projects myself or I'd look into it ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to know where you found you pattern. This is absolutely amazing!

    zibelyne@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!