Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So close, and yet so far

So the hubs and I needed to blow this town.  In a really big way.  The pressures of school, the kids/summer/heat/stress/trials were overwhelming.  I made a last minute decision to whisk him away for a night. I called siblings.  I arranged care for the kiddos.  And we took off.


How wonderful it was to drive a mere hour and feel worlds away. We went to The Homestead Resort and it was just perfect. 


Pool? check.
Hot tub? check. 
Private balcony? Golf? Food included? check, check, check.


Look how gorgeous this place is




We loved strolling the shady walkways



The flower arrangements were seriously 10 feet high





360' views from the crater we climbed




The coolest thing was sharing a little in his love of golf.  I have wanted to try a driving range for a while now so I told him to bring his clubs along.  They have a gorgeous course there, and while I know he would have loved to do 9 or 18, he was perfectly happy to show me how to swing.


I might have been a decent softball player back in the day, but for the life of me, I can't do much with a club.  I had about 5 balls out of 30 or so that went in the general direction they were supposed to.  But it was tons of fun. 






After about 15 minutes, I didn't know where to even put the ball because my whole spot was full of divots.


Look at the same area on his side. 
Um, I think they might not ask me to come back any time soon.



Gosh, he's cute.



We had breakfast on a deck over a stream and watched the ducks, fish, and hummingbirds go by.
 We played air hockey and ping pong like little kids.
We even had the pool to ourselves about half the time.


If you live here, check out the hot deals part of the website for their specials.  I recommend it!  Even if you don't live here, please don't forget that any time or money you invest in your marriage will be returned to you tenfold.  What a great 24 hours - close to home but SO far away.


3 comments:

  1. sounds awesome. I could use a night away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to a night away. The baby is almost 1, and I know we could use it. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. Sounds like you had a blast. I love the Homestead. Back in day my Grandma used to work there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!