Monday, February 21, 2011

Erin go bragh

First of all, thank you ladies who commented on my last desperate parenting post.  You always rescue me when I panic.  I admire each of you and take comfort that we're all in this together.  It takes a village, right?




On Saturday I took down the hearts and all the red and pink. Easter is really late this year, so I am totally decorating in St Patty's stuff.

I didn't have much, so I bought a little and made a little.




I printed an 8x10 subway art from here. SO many color options!  I printed on cardstock, trimmed from 8.5x11 down to 8x10.  Easy peasy. (more cute sets here and here).  Decorating doesn't get much cheaper than that.






And I love the little plaque I put together. If you want to make one you will need:



~mod podge
~$1 5x7 unfinished wood shape from Michael's (they also had oval, rectangular)
~scrapbook paper
~scrabble tiles (watch thrift stores for old games)


Paint the outside of your wood black.  It will look like a frame.




Turn your shape face down on the back of the paper you will be using.  Carefully trace around the bevel to get the actual shape of the surface.  I hope than makes sense.  Then cut it out. 



Mod podge the paper on (thin layer!).  Smooth it out really well so the surface will be free of bubbles.




Isn't it pretty?






Next I took a nail file to the edges of the paper and edges of the routed wood. 


Position your scrabble tiles and adhere.  I used glue dots.






It looks cute on the table next to my jar of lucky shamrocks and some stitching I did this weekend.




Kiss me!  I'm a wee bit Irish!



Today's Creative BlogTip Junkie handmade projects




5 comments:

  1. Great job. Love the touches you added for St. Patty's Day. I've been adding a few green things around my house too. Love your tile plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How am I supposed to paint the outside of my Michael's wood shape? There is no paint mentioned in the list of items I'll need... Shucks. I can't be crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I decided instead of being a closet stalker to hit "follow" so I don't feel so guilty every time I look at your adorable creations. You are seriously one talented lady!! I gave you an award over at my blog. Feel free to stop by and grab it! http://natmacsknickknacks.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-award-one-long-post.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!