Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine hair stuff

I love having two little girl heads of hair to do now, especially for holidays.  With Princess going back on track at school this week I wanted to make sure we had Valentine hair stuff at the ready.


I made a puffy heart first.  I cut a quick heart from paper to use as a template.  Then I cut out two heart shapes from felt and stuffed a little batting inside as I hand stitched the edges. 



Then I got matching ponytail holders and all the red/pink/white ribbon scraps I had.



I tied them onto ponytail holders in pairs in order so they were mirror images.  I thought they would look better on her head that way. 


Attach an alligator clip to the back of the heart. 




Time to model!







It's the only time of year my OCD will allow me to mix red and pink and I love it!  The girls look really cute.



Time:  about half an hour
Cost: $0


Linking to:

Not JUST a Housewife


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!


Today's Creative Blog





3 comments:

  1. Those are way cute! I'm with ya on the OCD thing - I can't stand pink and red together, except for at Valentines time. :-)
    -Mariesa
    http://tencowchick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE them! Great job. I wish my daughter had hair, or would wear a headband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are hosting a Valentine linkup party over at Sassy Sites! I would love to have you stop by and link up this Valentine post (and ANY other valentine post you have!) xoxo!!

    <3 Marni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!