Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crown cake


Rosebud turned 3 on Saturday!  I will blog that tomorrow, but here is the cake.



I found my inspiration here at family.go.com



I baked an 8 inch layer and a 10 inch layer with 2 cake mixes between the two of them.  Dang, those Wilton pans rock.


I leveled them and put a layer of filling in each. 


Then I frosted and stacked the tiers.



I didn't have access to the large round sprinkles in the example and couldn't find a candy close enough.  So I used giant conversation hearts...


...and put a crown on top.




 


Oh yeah, I also did 2 two-layer 6 inch satellite cakes for princesses to sit on.




It was more work than I expected it to be, but I was pleased enough with the results.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! They look great! Happy birthday to your sweet little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love Wilton pans too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun! It looked awesome! I know what you mean though, having it be more work than you expected.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!