Friday, January 20, 2012

Yarn wrapped letters

After seeing some cool yarn-wrapped LOVE art seen here, I decided to try it.  I knew I had wire.  I had a little red yarn and wasn't sure it it would be enough.  Well it took almost nothing to wrap this, so I would say even a very small ball of leftover yarn would do.

I just started bending and making the letters.  I just did the general shape to get my dimensions.  Then after I cut my word off the spool of wire I tweaked it to my liking.  I began with a glue dot to hold the end of the yarn.  I was just lazy and didn't want to heat up my glue gun for a couple drops of glue.  Every 3 inches or so I used another glue dot, just for security. 


It was fun.  Cost: $0.


For now I just stuck it in front of our family pic. 

2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!