Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rosebud's fall

In the early morning hours of June 1 (yes, still catching up), cute little humpty dumpty had a fall.



 She smacked her face into the edge of her bed and got a puncture/crushing wound that needed a couple stitches.  We went to Primary Childrens and they took great care of her. 



Fast forward 36 hours later and her cheek was looking like this.

Hmm, not good.



I knew she needed an antibiotic, so we got ready for church and headed back to the hospital for meds 2 hours before church started.  I figured we'd at least make it to half the meeting block.




Hold that thought.  10 min after the previous close-up picture was taken she had been seen by the attending physician,  determined to have cellulitis and would need 12-24 hours of IV antibiotics, had the two sutures removed (for drainage) and had an IV placed in her hand.

Are you kidding me?  It was eerily similar to this incident with Princess.  Stop at the hospital for something routine - end up admitted.


Poor baby.  I had waited longer than I should have, and her infection was bad.


She kept busy with activities and stayed on heavy antibiotics.


Here is an ASL "love you" to daddy.  She missed the family so much.



12 hours became 24, became 36+.  After two days we headed home. 



The kids had made loving messages in the driveway and all over the kitchen table.



And a dear friend brought her one request that the hospital cafeteria could not fulfill for her - fruit snacks.


I am thankful that she could heal quickly.  Now the only issue is the scar that I have to be so diligent about (sunscreen, etc).  What is with my girls being the ones to bring me to the ER? 




2 comments:

  1. Poor thing, it still makes me sad. I had not seen her cheek so swollen! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- that's quite the hospital stay. She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!