Monday, July 2, 2012

Yankees!


My Jedi took a leap this year and dove into little league.   He had a talented team, a kind and patient coach, and a whole bunch of family members by his side.

As we got ready for our first game, Strider surprised me with my own Yankee cap.  It was so sweet!  I was giddy with each game, and quickly grew to love being at the ballpark.  At the end of the season I wanted another month :)  All the grandparents and some aunts and uncles were regluars at the games too.




Starting at almost 10 years old, he had a lot of catching up to do.  After working really hard and improving his swing, he had a couple hits in one game and was given the game ball!  That was one happy kid.


He improved a bunch over the course of the season.  And thanks to the great veteran members of the team, they headed into the playoffs undefeated...and won the championship!


The winning team


Go Yankees!

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe I didn't see him play. I'll hold out for next year! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!