Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Apples and life


I love homemade applesauce.  A neighbor gave me 2 bushels of apples from her tree!




It's the perfect fall smell in the kitchen, and a delicious snack for the kids.  Couldn't be easier!

Cut and peel apples (or not).  Cook till soft.  Run through a food mill that will catch the peels & seeds left behind.  Add cinnamon if you want. Eat it warm if you're like me, or put it in the fridge or freezer till later.  

Or can it.


I love me a row of mason jars.  No sugar.  No chemicals to make it a fake color.  Just tasty apples.





Unfortunately I herniated a disk after working on only one batch, and I had to rely on others to help.    As of today, this is all I have left!   It sort of symbolizes the month for me.

*We accomplished a lot - together.  As stubborn as I am sometimes, life really is so much easier if let others help through the rough patches. My husband, kids, parents, siblings, and friends picked up the slack and were my angels this month.From apples to surgery they were there for me.

*I would have loved to have canned both whole dang bushel baskets. But I settled for just a couple jars, and the rest is/was eaten fresh and is in the freezer.  I really learned how to be flexible (not literally) this month.  Life doesn't always go as planned.  This was by far the hardest lesson of the month.

God is good.  We can learn to be patient.  Blessings abound.  Take a moment today and reflect on that.


Visit THIS PAGE for all my posts this month on Finding Moments.




1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!