Monday, October 6, 2014

Zucchini bread






I'm working on using the last of the garden produce this week. 





 Shredded zucchini is filled with possibilities, no?  I love zucc season.




I want to share my favorite bread recipe to use it up.  See, if I find a moment to plan a snack for when the kids get home, the "witching hour" of 3-5 pm goes much more smoothly.  Moments of pre-thought bring me sanity.





Zucchini Bread (originally printed in Simply Delicious Magazine, July/Aug 2006

3 cups flour (I use 1 c whole wheat and 2 c white)
2 cups sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking pwdr
2 eggs
1 cup oil
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
choc chips or raisins if desired (I don't add them)

Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.  In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla.  Add to dry ingredients and stir just till combined.  Add zucchini and mix gently.  If it seems to dry to mix, wait for several minutes till some of the moisture is drawn out of the zucchini.
Bake in 2 regular or 4 mini loaf pans  at 325 degrees for 50-60 min. Cool before removing from pans.  Share with hungry people. 




I've tried several recipes for this and I like this best.  It has a denser crumb and I like the texture that results from adding the sugar with the dry ingredients instead of with the oil.

It's well received around here.  Maybe at your house too.




Join me all month long while I find moments every day.  
Moments to connect, moments to improve, moments to live.

In case you missed it:
Day 1 - introducing 31 days
Day 2 - Inspiring quotes + bath update
Day 3 - Purple Pride


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!