Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Count off

When I was a teen my parents occasionally had us 6 kids count off (in birth order) if we were traveling somewhere, usually when we were getting gathered back together after an outing. I saw the $2 Michael's tees last week while I was there and I had the crazy idea to number my kids for the holiday. hehe.

I picked up iron-on numbers on clearance a long time ago for 75 cents and I thought it would be really funny to use them to label our little(big?) family. So I did!



I'm glad my kids aren't too old to be embarrassed by their mother's nonsense just yet. I bet by this time next year my oldest will be. They were actually all begging me to wear them for the last few days. I'll count my blessings now.

(When I did it I thought of my friend CoolWhip because she uses numbers for her kids on her blog).

I just realized I didn't get pics of baby Rosebud in her onesie. Oh well. You get the idea, though. This would also work really well for a trip to Disneyland or another crazy busy place, and you could make the shirts all the same color for easy ID.

And a website to share:

2 comments:

  1. That'll be a great way to anounce #6... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is too cute! My kids (I have 4) are young enough to think this is a fun idea. Maybe I will even let them decorate the shirts a bit.

    I am off to check out the link you shared.

    My WFMW post: WFMW: Summer Soap

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!