Thursday, September 3, 2009

Keepin' it real


I have had more than my share of mom bloopers. Seriously.

I have sent my kids to school without show 'n tell on show 'n tell day. I think I have even sent someone off in the morning with only a cookie for breakfast. These type of mishaps made me cry as a younger mom and make me cringe now but I get over it quickly.

Today takes the cake.

I am pretty sure there is one thing that will get your mom license revoked. Folks, today my 2nd grader is wearing the same outfit to school that he wore yesterday.

Yeah, see. I told you it was bad.

I went in to help Princess get dressed for the day about a half hour after the boys left. I noticed the stack of Jedi's clothes for the week. (See on Saturday I was a good mom and we picked out his outfit for every day). The Thursday outfit was still there in the pile. With my child not home.

Oh dear. My mind raced.

He kissed me goodbye. What was he wearing? Think. Think.

And then I remember our crazy night last night. I had a Stake meeting. It went long. Hubby at school, so I had them all with me. Kids were crazy all over the place. Got home late. Homework needed finished. Teeth needed brushed. No one even got jammies on. Now it all made sense.


So, our dear second grade teacher? Please don't judge me. I truly love my children. I do. I had his Thursday outfit ready, remember? Promise.




7 comments:

  1. That's funny.
    At least it's not a teenage girl. That would be more traumatic. Maybe no one will even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. that is such a funny story! No worries. You are a good Mommy! :-)I am sure no one even noticed. I hope you have a fabulous day!! Huge hugs!! Britt :-)(btw...my family and I are LDS too. Always fun to find other LDS bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that makes you a bad mom than I am in good company. At least you help your kids get dressed. There are days when I wonder if only son has changed his socks in a week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha oh that was priceless:) I am so glad that I am not he only om with "specail issues" in the mom department. Welcome to the club my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son can't figure out WHY he needs new underwear every day!!! It is all to keep up laughing instead of crying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, are you not supposed to do that?? At least it wasn't a PJ shirt for the second time. Oh yeah. Not that THIS perfect mother wouldn't catch that one. As long as they brushed their teeth, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such a great mom Jen! I can't believe you even had a weeks worth of school clothes laid out to begin with. Some of us just rummage through the drawers and hope to find something clean, only somewhat wrinkled, and hopefully matching to slap on our kids before getting them out the door. When I worked at the school, there were so many students, the last thing I ever noticed was their clothes from day to day. Your secret is safe. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!