Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall, family and stuff


What a perfectly rainy, cold weekend. I am in my glory!!

Last year we took a drive during October General Conference, which is when my husband took that picture. It was awesome to look at the leaves while listening to the messages on the radio. And the kids were all contained and couldn't run off to another room when they were bored!! It was brilliant.

Anyway, my sisters and mom and I had a fun girls night as usual. On conference Saturdays we like to go out together and eat and talk...and mostly eat. I love how our relationships evolve as we get older and in different stages of life but we are always close. I hope that never changes!

I am so overwhelmingly blessed. Sometimes I feel like an ungrateful daughter. As I listened to Elder Bednar's talk mentioning prayers that are entirely prayers of gratitude, I realized how seldom I do that. I have been given everything I wished out of life and then some. I need to recommit to recognizing my blessings everyday and keeping this perspective.

I have had a real crafty itch lately. I scrapbooked this week, which felt great, even though I don't have my area all organized. I figure if I ignore the urge just because things aren't perfect, it will go away. I don't want that to happen. Scrapbooks and crafts are so rewarding for me because unlike laundry or dishes, they stay done after I do them! I love producing things with my hands.

I need to make my card prototype for this week's card swap. Can't wait to get the juices flowing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!